HOUSE D’ARNISE is one of the thirteen noble families that govern the remaining territories of the Vallisian Empire. Their patriarch holds the titles Lord of Edgemere, and Count of D’Arnise, and he rules over D’Arnise County; 120 household men-at-arms, 6 household knights, 11 banner knights, and 36,000 peasants are sworn to his service. Their ancestral seat, Edgemere, is a ten century old manor situated along the coast of the Sea of Stones. The motto of House D’Arnise is “Family, Love, Virtue”, their gemstone is sapphire, and their coat-of-arms is a black crow on a purple shield. The patriarch’s ceremonial weapon is Marsithe, “Marius’ Fury”, a Vallisian Silver longsword.
The D’Arnises are an ancient and respected household, descended from Marius the Honorable, one of the legendary seven highlords who founded the Vallisian Empire a millenia ago, in the 300th year Before the Ashes. Their true-blooded Vallisian heritage grants them a seat on the Council of Six, and makes the patriarch of House D’Arnise eligible for appointment to the office of Emperor when elections are held every ten years.
THEODORE D’ARNISE – Lord of Edgemere and Count of D’Arnise.
- LADY ALINE of House Vlakmorea, his deceased wife.
- ERASMUS, his son, and heir.
- SABRYNA, his daughter, betrothed to Richard of House Gosford.
- HAROLD, his younger brother, and Lord Bishop of the 3rd Company of the 7th Legion.
OTHER NOTABLE FIGURES
- SIR NORMAN LANDERS, household knight, and Housemaster for D’Arnise County.
- SIR HENRY MOORS, household knight, and Warmaster for D’Arnise County.
- SIR HUGH D’PAYENS, household knight, and Justicemaster for D’Arnise County.
- RAMEUS of Tyre, Lord Bishop, and Churchmaster for D’Arnise Diocese.
- SISTER LORELLA, Dreamwitch, and concubine of Lord Theodore.
- SIR MARTIN THORIN, banner knight, and ruler of Arlesbury.
- SIR THOMAS RUTHERSFORD, banner knight, and ruler of Rockford.
- SIR WILLIAM RALEIGH, banner knight, and best friend of Erasmus D’Arnise.
- SIR STEVON CRANE, household knight, and friend of Erasmus D’Arnise.
- HARREL LANDERS, man-at-arms, and friend of Erasmus D’Arnise.